Connor is now 7 months old and he's just such a fun little man....
He hasn't really progressed in the attempt to crawl- he still sits up long enough to reach for things and fall. He's gotten better about not falling and pushing himself backup when he's almost down. He's started to reach for higher things like the table and the top of the tub and kind of attempts to stand.
As I said earlier I started making Connor's baby food. I didn't know if I'd last long because at first it seemed time consuming, but it's really not bad and I'm actually enjoying it! Greg & I loved to host mini parties- we used to do this a lot more before Connor. I loved looking at fun new recipes (and old ones) for appetizers and party food and we'd spend a few hours making food. Well we don't do that so much anymore, so making baby food is kind of my alternative. So far I've made single fruits and veggies that we've frozen in ice cube trays- carrots, sweet potatos, apples, pears, peas, butternut squash, rutabaga, mango, strawberries, papaya, peaches; and then foods you can't freeze like bananas, avocado and melons. We've also done a few mixed things that he hasn't tried yet but they're in the freezer and ready for the next 2 weeks- a chicken, sweet potato, apple meal and another with fish, leek, carrot and cheese. Right now we have 11 ice cube trays in the freezer! He seriously likes it all which is GREAT because I don't know what we'd do with a picky eater since neither of us are picky.
Daddy's little monkey loves bananas!
We got 5 inches of snow about 2 weeks ago which was FABULOUS because Greg was off Monday and Tuesday for "snow days". NC doesn't know how to handle snow and even people with SUVs were going 5mph with the first inch. Here are a few pics of our snow day-
My parents and Glenna came last weekend to see us (or just Connor). We tried a new meal- Hungarian Goulash. It was AWESOME. I recommend- we got the recipe from his boss' wife who found it on Wolfgang Puck. We did our 1st new "Odd Thursdays" meal- a chicken chinese meal with red peppers, leek, parsnips, zucchini and a tiny bit of hoisen sauce. It was delicious and we didn't even need rice with it. We're trying a roast chicken this Thursday. So far we're doing well with the new meal resolution- we've even done it more often that every other Thursday:) Instead of trashing the unused leek and parsnip like I'd usually do in 2 weeks- we used it for Connor! Another reason I love making baby food.
Connor playing with Auntie G and Putney wants the attention...of course.
Until then here's a cutie pic of our man at 7 months old:) Love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment